With the help and generosity of the residents and business community in the Boroughs of Chalfont, Doylestown, and New Britain, the Foundation is able to assist the Central Bucks Regional Police Department in several important ways:
- Fund critical needs that tax-based funding does not cover
- Support effective initiatives and programs that fight crime and quality of life issues
- Advocate for better safety measures and practices in our communities
- Raise awareness of the outstanding service CBRPD provides to our communities
The Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization providing support to the Central Bucks Regional Police Department in an effort to enhance police/community relations and public safety through grant funding specialized equipment/technology, education/training, program initiatives developed by the CBRPD, community engagement, and humanitarian efforts.
The Central Bucks Regional Police Foundation’s purpose is to improve the quality of life, public safety and environment through community policing, crime prevention, education, humanitarian efforts, and technological advances through initiatives developed by the Central Bucks Regional Police Department. More specifically, it shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Provision of resources to the Central Bucks Regional Police Department (“the Department”), including equipment and in-kind services, to encourage the development of innovative programs and projects;
- Promotion and encouragement of citizen involvement in the activities of the Department through increased communications and prioritization of police services; and
- Provision of assistance and support to those serving as employees in the Department by increasing education and training to provide continually improved police services.